Monday, January 25, 2010

ancient man's skinny secrets.

Today:

I watched a short, well versed weight loss video that was obnoxiously floating in my side bar while I was reading things on The Frisky (awesome site).

In golden soothing tones, this man claims that to get rid of a little belly fat every day, there is one golden secret. BUT FIRST, he asks us to think on what ancient man ate. He then wonders aloud, "Were you thinking that ancient man ate many vegetables and rice and fruits back in the day?" and you're thinking, no I have always learned that he lived on a steady diet of mammoth meat and sex alone. I mean not to mention more running around than an olympic runner, the hunting and gathering, the building then taking down then REbuilding of the huts; the fact that everyone had to CARRY their own houses, because they hadn't gotten horses yet.... and as you're trying to remember exactly what it was that they DID eat... he tells you.

He starts with, "They ate meat and fat," (duh) "because veggies and fruits and seeds weren't always in season"/around geographically. And just when you're thinking, "PEOPLE DIED by eating only meat on the Atkins diet! Asinine NIMROD!"--he goes on to say that they had VARIETY in their diets. "Never the same thing twice or the same amount of calories in any two days...In fact"--I shut it off then. Because not only did I learn that info in my Nutrition class last summer, but it's pretty much common sense and practice. You try eating the same amount of calories everyday when one day has nine hours of class and extra-curriculars and the next day has wide open homework/snacking and tea time. One day I demolish a package of white chocolate macadamia nut cookies and half a pound of pasta topped with empty calories in two hours, the next day I'm lucky to get a sandwich anywhere remotely near "lunchtime." Ah the perils of being a student. All this leads me to believe that the ten to fifteen I've put on since school began three years ago is stress related. SO. off to the Yoga sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment