Friday, July 9, 2010

Today is Friday

Today I learned the secrets of SEQR, the SEQR secrets (in my head I say it phonetically, like SEE-cuor. This is improper). SEQR is related to the DEC. One must file an EIS and if it gets denied then an EAS before one can build anything anywhere within twenty miles of a wetland. Just so happens we have a lot of rare turtles to deal with. I also had to look up the importance of SEDCAR-1 forms, and IDEA allotments and the ever important SA-159 form related to IDEA funding allocations for Special Ed. They have to do with the IRS (a lot of capital letters; Google was very confused). After many hours on government websites wasting time by making handwritten cheat-sheets, I witnessed our Treasurer have a nervy collapse (audit time is coming) and went to lunch. I finished my book.

Today I untangled yards of cell phone charger cords. I sorted through a school district's years-gone-by castoff phones. I went through a hundred belt clips for said cell phones. I made the mother of all "Excel spreadsheet"s using only a pen, a legal pad and my very adept straight line drawing skills.

I also went through legal files from 1997-2002. I found several claims related to the firing and or disciplinary action of past bus drivers. Personnel Witch says, "Keep them forever. We can't ever get rid of them. It's legal it goes in YOUR department," with a matter-of-fact smugness unbecoming of a woman her size. Retention book says, "keep for only as long as is absolutely necessary in this case only what...6 years after the case is settled. Or in their personnel file." We called the lawyer and she says they should be held in their personnel file. I'm right.

Stick THAT in your file cabinet Personnel Witch.

Just thought someone needed to hear that who isn't my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment