Friday, July 16, 2010

mysterious ticking noise

It is three p.m.

Somewhere in this office there is something ticking. maybe dripping. I can hear it in my left ear only. I feel kindof schizoid, no one else seems to notice. Click beetle? Computer connection making an electric pulse translated as sound? It's making me edgy.

Today I also spent about an hour looking for a specific file my current office boss couldn't find. It was in the most obvious cabinet. SHe first went herself to go look in the back cabinets,crutches clicking adorably on the linoleum. when she couldnt find it, she sent me to scour the building for it. I could not manage to turn it up. She then drug herself BACK to RESEARCH the same cabinets that I had just searched. My word that the file wasn't in the filing cabinets I loaded the files into in the first place is worth nothing. We look again. This time with me standing above her awkwardly knowing it will not be found. We go back to the office storage room, only to find it nestled in among other files. Just chillin' in there. She'd missed it about four times. At least it was there period. My day would have gone a lot worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment